Friday, July 17, 2009

journal entry : july 17


So if you read my blog post Everyday Matters which was based on a book I've been reading entitled Everyday Matters (uhduh..haha), I've been having a BLAST sketching in my journal. It's been a great way to open my eyes to my surroundings and how much I need some improvement in certain areas, like shading for example, or, drawing a circle (geeez Iris). I was pretty good back in the day, but somewhere over the last decade or so, I've somehow lost my way. So I'm trying to get back into the groove of things. This sketch above is one of a few I did today. Yes, being sick sure gives you some time on your hands! That's my lil bug plopped on the floor, leaning against the couch watching one of his favorite programs "Caillou." (Is it bad that I find the little 4 year old boy cartoon character in the show extremely annoying???) His feet looks kinda deformed because he kept flexing his feet up and down. He didn't know that mommy was watching him from afar. Cutie pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts...and have a fabulous day my friend!